Human Resources Department
The Charlottesville City School Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an otherwise qualified individual on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital or veteran's status, disability, political affiliation or any classification protected by applicable law. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
Jobs are categorized as administrative/supervisory, certified, classified, or hourly. Posted information will identify the category.
- Administrative / Supervisory positions may or may not require a license. Check the posting for details.
- Certified positions require a license, such as a teaching license, pupil personnel services license, or superintendent’s license.
- Classified positions are those that do not require a license. Some administrative positions fall into this category while others are certified positions.
- Hourly positions include substitute teachers, tutors, or group leaders for the c.l.a.s.s. after-school program.
- Current Employees complete an online internal transfer to apply for any jobs posted.
To apply for a position with Charlottesville City Schools, you must submit the appropriate application for each type of position. Online applications are required for all positions. Once you have submitted an online application, you may apply for additional vacancies by logging into our online application system.
A resume cannot be submitted in place of an application. An application must include required email addresses for references to be submitted online.
All positions are posted a minimum of one week and will remain open until filled.
The Hiring Process
Your application will remain active for the calendar year in which you apply. You may reactivate your application by logging back in to the online applicant system and selecting the positions you are interested in. Be sure to include any changes in address or telephone number. We would appreciate your notifying us if you wish to have your application withdrawn from our active file for any reason.
Thank you for your interest in the Charlottesville City Schools and we look forward to receiving your application!
"The Charlottesville City School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer"