Human Resources Department
The mission of the Charlottesville City Schools is "Personal and Academic Excellence Inspired by a Collaborative and Innovative Learning Experience". The primary function is to assist in the delivery of an effective and efficient educational program for all students. To that end, the staff of the Department of Human Resources is dedicated to the employment of quality personnel.
The Charlottesville City School Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an otherwise qualified individual on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital or veteran's status, disability, political affiliation or any classification protected by applicable law. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
PLEASE NOTE - New Applicant System - Information did not transfer from the previous system. You must complete a new application to be considered for any positions you are interested.
EMS Education Coordinator/Instructor PT - 2nd Semester - Please apply online at www.k12albemarle.org
How to Apply
Jobs are categorized as administrative/supervisory, certified, classified, or hourly. Posted information will identify the category.
- Administrative / Supervisory positions may or may not require a license. Check the posting for details.
- Certified positions require a license, such as a teaching license, pupil personnel services license, or superintendent’s license.
- Classified positions are those that do not require a license. Some administrative positions fall into this category while others are certified positions.
- Hourly positions include substitute teachers, tutors, or group leaders for the c.l.a.s.s. after-school program.
- Current Employees complete an online internal application to apply for any jobs posted.
To apply for a position with Charlottesville City Schools, you must submit the appropriate application for each type of position. Online applications are required for all positions. Once you have submitted an online application, you may apply for additional vacancies by logging into our online application system.
A resume cannot be submitted in place of an application. An application must include required email addresses for references to be submitted online.
All positions are posted a minimum of one week and will remain open until filled.
To view open positions and apply, please click the link below:
Thank you for your interest in the Charlottesville City Schools and we look forward to receiving your application!
"The Charlottesville City School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer"