Human Resources Department
General Substitute/Homebound Instruction Teacher Information
In order to be approved by the School Board as a substitute teacher or homebound instructor in the Charlottesville City Schools an applicant must:
- Complete a teacher application with the three required employment references.
- Present a college/university transcript which verifies completion of sixty (60) hours of college course work or present a copy of a teaching license issued by the Virginia Department of Education or an appropriate out-of-state teacher licensing agency. Homebound instructors must have a college degree and hold or be eligible for a teaching license in Virginia.
- Please call, (434) 245-2956 in the Human Resources Office to set up an appointment to complete all required paper work as listed in items (4-7) below.
- Present written proof of tuberculosis examination conducted within the last twelve months.
- Complete the Federal 1-9 Form (Citizenship) and present a social security card and photo identification card, or a passport.
- Complete all criminal history background record check
forms and requirements:
- Fingerprint cards will be given to each new employee upon completion of all payroll papers. A photo I.D. must be presented at time of fingerprinting.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation check
- Virginia Department of Social Services check
- Complete the online moodle training at http://moodle.ccs.k12.va.us/file.php/1/Sub_Training/CCS_Sub_Info.swf
Once the applicant has been recommended and approved by the School Board, and completed the moodle training, they will receive a user name and password to access the SubFinder calling system. To access the SubFinder system, you will need to complete the following:
- Register by telephone at 1-877-483-7869.
- Access the system either by phone at 1-877-483-7869 or online at https://ccsva.subfinderonline.com to accept jobs, change availability, etc.
It is important that substitutes notify the Human Resources Department of the Central Administration Office in the event an address or telephone number changes. You may contact the Human Resources Department at 434-245-2956 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.