Human Resources Department
Open Enrollment 2012-2013 Plan Year
Your open enrollment period will be from May 11- May 23. All elections will be effective as of July 1, 2012.
- Coventry Health Care, a registered trade name of Southern Health Services is our new health insurance provider. Delta Dental and EyeMed are still the dental and eye care providers..
- Dependents are now eligible to remain on your benefit plans until the end of the month in which they turn 26. This is your opportunity to add dependents to your plan.
- ALL employees must log onto www.vbas.com to enroll in benefits this year
- Flexible Spending Account elections must be made each year. See below for details.
Deadline for Changes
May 23, 2012 is the deadline to make any changes for the 2012-2013 year.
If you miss this deadline you will have to wait until open enrollment next school year unless you experience a qualifying event.
To make a change log on to www.vbas.com
Health, Vision & Dental Plan Summaries & Rates
|Health Insurance||Dental Insurance||Vision Insurance|
Benefits comparisons for all health plans
Health Care Reform Notices Required by Federal Law
The following notices are required to be presented to you at your open enrollment. These items pertain to changes associated with health care reform. Please take a moment to review these documents.
Waiver of Pre-Tax Premiums
All insurance premiums are deducted from your pay on a pre-tax basis. If you would like to opt out of this benefit, please complete waiver form and submit to the payroll department.
School employees are eligible to receive a credit for waiving health insurance if they are enrolled in another qualified group plan. In order to receive the credit a Proof of Insurance form MUST be completed each and every year.
Deadline to return your forms is May 23, 2012 or you will not receive the credit for the 2012-2013 plan year.
- Credit for full-time employees $1,000 per year
- Credit for part-time employees is $500 per year
- If you and your spouse are both employed by Charlottesville City Schools and are not covering any dependents you are eliglble to receive an additional credit. Please contact Kerry Abbott at 817-1062 for more information.
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
If you are eligible for health coverage from your employer, but are unable to afford the premiums, some States have premium assistance programs that can help pay for coverage. These States use funds from their Medicaid or CHIP programs to help people who are eligible for employer-sponsored health coverage, but need assistance in paying their health premiums. Click here for more information.
Sale of Personal Days
Employees have the option of selling personal days to off set the cost of health insurance premiums. Full-time employees can sell 1 or 2 days per year. Half-time employees can sell 1 or 1.5 days per year.
If you would like to sell one of your personal days during open enrollment log on to www.vbas.com and choose Monthly Allowance benefit. If you sold a day last year and want to sell the same amount this year, the election will roll over unless you log on and make a change.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement:
- You're allowed to allocate up to $2,500 per plan year to pay for qualified medical expenses. Please see the FSA Handbook for covered expenses. Effective January 1, 2011, over the counter medications can no longer be submitted for reimbursement under your flexible spending account. Please keep this in mind as you make your elections.
- Dependent Day Care Reimbursement:
- Your allowed to allocate up to $5,000, ($2,500 if filing separate tax return) per calendar year to pay for qualified child care expenses.
- This benefit MUST be reelected every plan year in order to participate.
- May 23, 2012 is the deadline for enrollment. Log in to www.vbas.com to enroll
- Members will be issued a credit card preloaded with the medical reimbursement allocation
NOTICE RE: Reimbursements for current participants for 2011-2012 plan year:
June 30, 2012 is the deadline for requesting reimbursements for the 2011-2012 plan year. Receipts must be dated June 30, 2012 or earlier. Please complete and submit this FSA Claim Form. To check your FSA balance call 1-877-353-9487, to speak to a Representative directly please hit the * star key on your phone.
Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexComp, is designed to:
- Provide programs/benefits that meet the needs of employees now and in the future; and
- Ensure that all employees have an opportunity to be covered by a health care program that will guard against serious financial loss due to illness.
The concept behind FlexComp is to provide FLEX credit to each employee to use as he or she sees fit. In order to be eligible for FlexComp, an employee must have health insurance under a group health insurance plan provided by the school division or be covered under another group insurance plan not provided by the school division. Employees may use the employer-provided FlexComp credit to purchase benefits from a list of programs that are sponsored by the division or they may receive FlexComp credits in cash payments as taxable income.
AFLAC Voluntary Benefits
These plans automatically renew unless you contact Michelle Lawson at 760-2257 or email email@example.com to make a change, enroll, or cancel a plan.
- View the rate schedule for these plans
- Forms and detailed information on AFLAC plans for CCS are available on the AFLAC web site.
Personal Accident Indemnity Plan
- Pays cash benefits for accident specific injuries that require physician visits, ER visits, or chiropractic visits.
- Wellness benefit for annual check ups
- Hospitilization follow ups, physical therapy benefits and much more are included.
Personal Cancer Plan
- Pays cash benefits for diagnosis for internal or skin cancers directly to the employee.
- Provides benefits for surgical, radiation, chemo therapy, and many more benefits.
- $75 wellness benefit
Short-term Group Disability Insurance
- Income protection plan
- All employees must either sign a waiver or enroll
- Guaranteed issue this one time only regardless of your health