Career Assessment, Planning & Placement
CATEC offers academic, career, and technical education programs for high school students in Albemarle, Charlottesville, and Fluvanna.
CATEC programs provide:
- Competency-based academic and technical training that supports workforce standards, industry certification requirements and Virginia's Standards of Learning.
- A curriculum that emphasizes the application and integration of academics, technology, and technical skills in support of national Technical Preparation (Tech Prep) standards.
- Work-based learning experiences that develop the employment and professional skills required for success in the workplace.
- A safe, challenging, and supportive educational environment that teaches workplace behaviors, teamwork, and quality workmanship.
- The opportunity to earn verified credits, college credits, industry and professional certifications.
Credits and Certifications:
- Earn dual enrollment/articulation credits through the community college.
- Earn verified credits by passing industry and professional organization certifications.
- Earn the Career & Technical Education seal on your high school diploma.
High School Programs
- Animation and Claymation
- Auto Body Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Network Software
- Construction: Residential
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Residential
- EMT/Firefighter Training
- Mechanical Modeling Design
- Nail Technology
- Nurse Aide